How To Save On Dental Implant Treatment
How Can You Save Money When It Comes To Needing Dental Implant Treatment?
There are many ways to save on your dental implant procedure.
Going for the cheaper implant option is not going to necessarily ‘save’ you money. Poor quality implant work can often lead to serious complications and huge expenses down the road. Here are some extra things to help save money on dental implant treatment:
- Some fees will be bulk billed, or no out of pocket cost to you, including X-rays, and digital imaging photography
- Check with your health fund – you may be entitled to health care benefits. Depending on your level of cover, you may be entitled up to more than half of the procedure costs. This can dramatically help you save money on dental implant treatment
- Save on your consultation fee – some clinics charge for the first initial appointment At Southside Dental Implants, we offer a no obligation, free dental implant consultation to help educate you on your implant options without cost being a factor
- Get in early – the longer you leave a missing tooth or teeth the more likely complications could arise. Leaving a missing tooth/teeth for long periods of time may lead the erosion of the jaw bone and in some instances require you to undergo a bone grafting procedure as well. Replacing a missing tooth promptly will help you save costs in the long run
- If you are quoted on the more expensive side for a dental implant, ensure you ask the dentist for a complete breakdown of costs and fees. You want to make sure that you are getting exactly what you pay for – not just adding profit to their pockets
- Choose a good implant dentist – look for a dentist who will give you a proper diagnosis and assess your personal case and requirements. You ideally want to see someone with university level training in dental implantology and hands on experience with multiple cases. You don’t want to go to a dentist that takes a ‘one size fits all’ approach or churns out 50 cases per day like a factory and nor do you want a dentist that does a couple of cases a year.
- Travelling overseas for ‘cheaper’ implant options often does not save you money. Flights, accommodation, downtime, follow up appointments, and, in the case of any complications – can blow out costs exponentially. Remember an overseas dentist will likely rush your treatment through and they know they will likely never see you again….here at Southside Dental Implants we would like to see you regularly to help maintain and protect your dental implant investment to make sure it lasts.
- Visit a clinic that is in your local area. In the rare instance you do experience any complications, medical help is close by. It is also much more convenient travelling to your follow up appointments